The Aqueous is a heavy, fluid, unique, knee-length skirt with large hip pockets and belt loops. The name refers to its smoothly-flowing drape and swirling seamlines.
Made in the USA of imported fabric.
- Two large hip pockets
- Distinctive spiralling seams
- Heavy-weight, for stable pockets and better privacy
- A fluid, natural drape—despite the weight
- Belt loops (6)
- Colors: Grey, Purple, Black
- Main fabric: 6-ounce plain weave
- Linen gives it a natural texture and durability
- Rayon gives it excellent drape and prevents wrinkles
- Plain weave is the simplest of weaves: a simple over-under pattern that produces a strong fabric that's the same on each side. Contrast with twill, the weave that produces diagonal lines and is used in denim (and our Unaligned Skirt).
- About half the weight of jeans denim
- 55% linen, 45% rayon
- Lining: 11-ounce ponte di roma
- Ponte di Roma is a style of knit that's smooth and stable (less stretchy) compared to other knits
- At 11 ounces per square yard, it's quite weighty
- The unexpectedly fluid drape of this heavy fabric is due to the rayon content and the ponte knit style
- 67% rayon, 28% nylon, 5% spandex
- Side zipper: YKK nylon coil
- Closure: metal hook-and-bar
Note: A few customers have reported the hook-and-bar starting to pull free from the fabric around it over time. We now consider it to be a construction flaw; the area should have been better reinforced. We do not have a fix, unfortunately. Wearing a belt to hold more of the tension of the waistband helps to prevent it.
RATINGS & REVIEWS
These tend to cluster around certain dates because we send out feedback requests to groups of recent customers at once.
Great skirt, love wearing it.
Drew in Fairbanks
Nov 1, 2019
Nov 1, 2019
Absolutely love the Aqueous, huge pockets, solid construction. Glad I added it to my wardrobe.
Sep 13, 2019
Sep 5, 2019
Aug 23, 2019