The Aqueous is a heavy, fluid, unique, knee-length skirt with large hip pockets and belt loops. The name refers to its smoothly-flowing drape and swirling seamlines.
Made in the USA of imported fabric.
- Two large hip pockets
- Distinctive spiralling seams
- Heavy-weight, for stable pockets and better privacy
- A fluid, natural drape—despite the weight
- Belt loops (6)
- Colors: Grey, Purple, Black
- Main fabric: 6-ounce plain weave
- Linen gives it a natural texture and durability
- Rayon gives it excellent drape and prevents wrinkles
- Plain weave is the simplest of weaves: a simple over-under pattern that produces a strong fabric that's the same on each side. Contrast with twill, the weave that produces diagonal lines and is used in denim (and our Unaligned Skirt).
- About half the weight of jeans denim
- 55% linen, 45% rayon
- Lining: 11-ounce ponte di roma
- Ponte di Roma is a style of knit that's smooth and stable (less stretchy) compared to other knits
- At 11 ounces per square yard, it's quite weighty
- The unexpectedly fluid drape of this heavy fabric is due to the rayon content and the ponte knit style
- 67% rayon, 28% nylon, 5% spandex
- Side zipper: YKK nylon coil
- Closure: metal hook-and-bar
Note: A few customers have reported the hook-and-bar starting to pull free from the fabric around it over time. We now consider it to be a construction flaw; the area should have been better reinforced. We do not have a fix, unfortunately. Wearing a belt to hold more of the tension of the waistband helps to prevent it.
RATINGS & REVIEWS
These tend to cluster around certain dates because we send out feedback requests to groups of recent customers at once.
Absolutely love the Aqueous, huge pockets, solid construction. Glad I added it to my wardrobe.
Sep 13, 2019
Sep 5, 2019
Aug 23, 2019
Favourite skirt ever!
Jul 12, 2019
Jun 15, 2019